Archive for the ‘F1’ Category
Fernando Alonso (July 29, 1981) perform this Friday in a scenario 30 years of great memories as it was in the Hungarian GP in 2003 where he achieved his first victory in Formula 1 , although the taste of victory was already sipping from eight years when he started his first drink in Pola de Laviana (Asturias). [Special The other side of our champions: Fernando Alonso]
From karting to Formula 1, Alonso is the living history of a genius of speed has been raised twice world champion , but perhaps should have scored some more, like last year, when he had everything going for it, and the less dubious strategy of Ferrari caused him many problems to win a victory in his hand.
The Hungaroring paddock welcomes this weekend to celebrate the anniversary of one of the greats of Formula 1 which is still active, with two titles, 27 wins, 20 poles, 19 fastest laps, 68 podium finishes, 959 points, 1,414 turns being first and 45,910 kilometers, all ten seasons and in 169 Grands Prix.
Alonso landed on the F1 circus from the F-3000, where it ran only one year (he was fourth) with the team Astromega. He joined Renault Sport for five years and gave it a season to be foguease Minardi. That was when the Spaniard had only 19 years, becoming the youngest Spanish rider F1 debut . Until then, only eight had gotten a flyer Spanish in the most famous motor race.
The big moment for Alonso happened on March 4, 2001 when he stood on a team Minardi, where he also had his debut Marc Gené, Luis Perez-Sala and Adrian Campos to participate in the GP of Australia, career also began his career Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams), Kimi Raikkonen (Sauber) and Brazilian Enrique Bernoldi (Arrows). Read the rest of this entry »
German Nick Heidfeld (Renault) has had to leave F1 Hungarian GP after his car catch on fire just off the street garages. [So we have had the race]
Heidfeld came in to change wheels but to start the car and head to the track, the car began to burn . The pilot had time to exit the car when he, on the left was a small fireball.
In fact, when the assists came to her rescue and extinguish the fire, Renault exploded , although the race was not stopped at any time.
Just when the Renault was being towed, almost cut out of Sebastian Vettel line garage after he had also come to change the wheels.
Germany’s Sebastian Vettel, reigning world champion in Formula 1, still considers his compatriot Michael Schumacher as his model, he said Thursday in a German magazine.
“I still see it as a model and I believe he can achieve something big (this season). I hope it will not be too large: it is 2nd in Championship 2011, it’s OK for me “said Red Bull driver magazine ADAC Motorwelt.
For its part, the seven-time world champion returned to competition in 2010 with Mercedes, said in the same magazine he was 42 years old “yet good enough ” to drive in F1, or even seek to end the championship the world.
Nine of the 2010 Championship, “Schumi” described the car last season as “a sick child could no longer care. ”
“This season I think we can target the podium and why not Grand Prix victories (…) Speaking of world title is still unrealistic, ” he said.
The great financier of Formula 1 Bernie Ecclestone on Wednesday expressed fear that the events that occurred Tuesday in Bahrain can affect the first Grand Prix of the season, scheduled from March 11 to 13 in this country.
“The danger is obvious, is not it?, Ecclestone told the website of British newspaper the Daily Telegraph. If these people (the protesters) want to make noise to gain international recognition, it will be really easy, n is not it? ”
“You start to create a problem on the grid in Bahrain, and you have worldwide coverage,” said Ecclestone stating he would contact the king of Bahrain, Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa, to the Update on the situation.
Asked whether the race might be canceled, he replied: “I have no idea. It’s hard to know exactly what happens.”
Two protesters were killed Shiites in Bahrain on Monday and Tuesday during the repression of anti-government protests in this small Gulf kingdom, ruled by a Sunni dynasty.
The events take place at the initiative of users who have called on Facebook to protest to demand political and social reforms in the wake of riots in Tunisia and Egypt.
Ferrari has unveiled its new car for next season’s F1 world championship. And Fernando Alonso has said that he is confident it will help make amends after a disappointing 2010 season.
The Italian team is the first F1 team to present its 2011 car, called the F150 to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the unification of Italy this year.
The car is equipped with a new adjustable rear wing and has been amended to allow the addition of KERS – system kinetic energy recovery – which was banned last year but will return in 2011.
“The F150 was designed with a simple goal, said the boss Stefano Domenicali. Our goal is to win the championship. We know it will not be easy, but that’s what we want. ”
Alonso came close to achieving the goal last year. He had the opportunity to secure the championship in each of the last two races. But he failed in Brazil and he was then beaten by Sebastian Vettel because of a bad pit stop strategy to change tires in Abu Dhabi.
At the dawn of its second season at Ferrari, the double world champion told that he feels more at ease with his surroundings.
“I think I know better team and I’m better integrated, he noted. Any development carried out throughout 2010 was crucial in designing the new car.
“I’m very motivated. 2010 was an interesting year for me. It was my first with Ferrari and I liked the atmosphere. The 2011 season will be an important year with a new challenge after the law changes. We are committed to do everything possible to win and I think we are able to meet the challenge. ”
Ferrari the constructors’ championship finished third behind Red Bull and McLaren. The team also found at the heart of a controversy when she was accused of having applied the team orders at German Grand Prix.
The team was fined $ 100 000 for asking Felipe Massa, word covered during a radio message, to let Alonso pass while the first was leading the race.
Massa enters his sixth season at Ferrari, but he has not won a Grand Prix since 2008.
The season’s F1 world championship, which includes 20 events, kicks off March 13 in Bahrain and will conclude on November 27 in Brazil.
The youngest world champion in F1 history succeeds swimmer Paul Biedermann, distinguished in 2009 after his two world titles in Rome.
The Red Bull driver was clearly ahead with 4288 points the player table tennis Timo Boll (2088 pts) and the new sensation of the golf world, Martin Kaymer (1763 pts).
The title of German sports of the year returned to Maria Riesch, double Olympic champion in alpine skiing in Vancouver, who narrowly edged with 3957 points Queen Magdalena Neuner Biathlon (3921 pts).
Riesch succeeds Steffi Nerius, 2009 world champion in the javelin in Berlin.
The team of the year is no surprise team of German football that took 3rd place 2010 World Cup and enthusiasm in South Africa observers.
The Nationalmannschaft Joachim Loew has been acclaimed with 3436 points and the successor to the distinguished female football team in 2009.
Sebastian Vettel Red Bull has won the drivers’ championship in Formula One, Sunday, triumphing at the Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi to become the youngest driver to collect such an honor.
Vettel, from pole, won the title by four points ahead of Fernando Alonso, who finished the race in seventh place.
“It’s been an incredible adventure,” said German winner. The season has really been very intense and mentally tough. ”
Initiating the event with Alonso 15 points clear at the top, but he hurt his cause by returning too early to wells, which was trapped behind Nico Rosberg and Vitaly Petrov for nearly 40 laps.
Vettel was joined on the podium by McLaren drivers Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button finished second and third.
Mark Webber of Red Bull was eighth in the race and third in the title race, 14 points of his teammate. Rosberg, Mercedes, finished in fourth place Sunday.
Vettel has experienced moments of nervousness in the end to be seen whether Alonso could erode enough places in the final round to finish fourth, which would have earned enough points to win the title. The celebrations were finally able to begin when he heard the message hoped.
“Weltmeister” (world champion in German), “exclaimed Vettel’s team on the radio of the car, when Rosberg has reached the finish line fourth.
“Unbelievable!” Thank you, “Vettel said in a tired voice, while the engineers and team members were going to Red Bull warm hugs.
Vettel, 23 years and four months, six months younger than Lewis Hamilton was when it was consecrated in 2008.
Four pilots began the race with the hope of kick ass. Hamilton finished fourth overall, 16 points Vettel.
“We had an incredibly tight title race. I do not know how many times there was a different leader,” said Vettel. The fight has been difficult with Ferrari. I think we could all write a book on such and such race where we could do better. ”
Vettel said Hamilton deserved the full title of world champion.
“Our team has not had its most spectacular season, but I congratulate Sebastian, he really did a fantastic job throughout the year,” said Hamilton. For me and Jenson is a great way to finish season. We put LOTS of effort. “
Fernando Alonso, Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel? Ferrari upgrade? Team strategy or total freedom from Red Bull? Lewis Hamilton ready to knock out all his people? Formula 1 reserves a Hitchcockian final Sunday for his final Grand Prix of 2010 in Abu Dhabi.
The suspense has rarely been so intense for the awarding of a title. Three men, Alonso (246 points), Webber (238) and Vettel (231) sail in just 15 lengths, when a victory is worth 25. And a fourth, Hamilton (222) stands in ambush if all these people get out.
“Given how does this championship, it could be another two or three races, it would still be as tight. Nobody has ever been 25 points ahead this season,” says the Australian.
The amazing final of the 2007 season back into memory instantly. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari), winning the Brazilian GP with the help of her partner Felipe Massa, had blown for a point to both the crown of McLaren teammates Lewis Hamilton enemies and Fernando Alonso.
A great moment that the Scuderia will not soon forget. It also asks for a similar scenario on the gleaming Yas Marina circuit. If only the two Red Bull drivers, furious rivals the Championship, could cancel each other …
For the Austro-British team, victorious in Abu Dhabi last season through Vettel is expected to play leading roles this weekend, as it has done all season or so. And Ferrari, Alonso or rather, to keep the valiant underdog.
Alonso knows the movie
Thus arises the question of team orders. Last Sunday at Interlagos, Red Bull had refused to ask the German to pass his teammate, second, which would have allowed Webber to return to a point Alonso third of the race. The Spaniard had appreciated.
Vettel had preserved his side’s title chances. But with 15 points off the Iberian, he knows that his chances of coronation in three days are not huge. 3rd place would be enough to be eliminated from the competition.
“The favorites this weekend are clearly and Mark Fernando, acknowledges the German. I’ll just try to do my best. Then everything will depend on where these two types,” he recognized the person.
In the event that the Brazilian scenario repeats itself – first Vettel, Webber second, Alonso 3 in the final round – which will not be enough to German to be crowned, he let go when his teammate, he will be crowned in victory, provided that the Ferrari driver finished third at best?
Already little to say on the subject in Sao Paulo, Baby Schumi would not elaborate further on Thursday. “It’s pretty clear,” did he merely replied, “We are both working for the same team.”
Alonso, he said “do not want to spend any second thought” for tactical choices of Red Bull.
“My only goal is to finish first or second in the race. That is our guarantee to mathematically win the title,” said the Spaniard, who is “first class” on the grid in qualifying, “the pole position is welcome. ”
And add, provocative towards novices Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel: “over the last six seasons, four times I’ve been in position to win the title at the last race. I know the movie!”
Fernando Alonso, the new leader of the world championship of Formula 1, called on Friday to stay “grounded” to two races remaining this season, believing that the conquest of the title required that Ferrari and himself are now “perfect”.
“I came back to head the ranking, which had not happened since Australia. But we know that with this point system and with the differences that there have few positions: it is sufficient to a race, as we saw in Korea, to reverse the situation, “remarked the Spaniard.
Ex-3e General, Alonso benefited from an accident by Mark Webber and then the explosion of the engine Sebastian Vettel to steal first place in the Championship for both Red Bull drivers at the Grand Prix of South Korea Sunday Yeongam.
“Knowing that achieving this goal depends on us gives us a bit more quiet, but this does not change our approach. We will do everything possible (…). The only difference is that we can safely stay ahead of our direct opponents, without making too many calculations, “he said.
For the next Grand Prix, November 7 at Interlagos (Brazil), the “tour is rather short, and deviations smaller than usual,” commented Fernando Alonso, who with 231 points, just 11 ahead of Mark Webber’s dolphin.
“The slightest blunder will have even more because it will require a one or two tenths of a second to have seven or eight cars in front or behind. We will have to be perfect,” said the Spaniard.
“Naturally I have fond memories of this track. I’ve won my two titles in 2005 and 2006. Every time I go to Sao Paulo, I feel a special emotion,” Alonso told the site Ferrari.com .
“But do not want to think that the scenario could be repeated a third time: I know there is a theoretical possibility, yet it does not matter to me. We want to confront this GP as all the previous ones, focused on ourselves, feet on the ground, “he said.
Russia could host its first Formula 1 Grand Prix in Sochi in 2014, the same year as the Winter Olympics, but many challenges remain to be addressed, starting with the construction, at great expense, to a racing circuit.
In a recent interview with Russian daily Kommersant, the boss of F1, Bernie Ecclestone announced that it has completed negotiations with Russia on the organization of the Russian Grand Prix in Sochi.
“The agreement has not been signed yet, but when a person with appropriate authority in Russia will sign the next day I put mine,” he said.
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, is expected Thursday in Sochi on the Black Sea shores, where it must approve the proposed construction of a motor racing circuit in the city.
A sports enthusiast himself, the former Russian president (2000-2008) was the organization in Russia for major sporting events a priority. In 2007, he had mobilized the whole state apparatus, sportsmen and businessmen, and defended himself for the Sochi Olympics-2014. And he is currently campaigning for Russia wins the World Cup organization in 2018 or 2022.
Regarding F1, Kommersant reports that the organization of a Grand Prix will cost Russia $ 40 million per year, not counting the 200 million dollars to find to build the circuit.
“But the economic benefits of a sporting event of this magnitude promise to be much more important” that all spending, said the Russian newspaper.
This optimism is not shared by all. Ivan Samarin, pilot of Formula 2 (formula promotion), and regrets that the Russian authorities are trying to get into F1, while the Russian experience in motor sport is minimal.
“Organizing an F1 race in Russia under the existing conditions is utopian, he believes in the Russian press. We should build more circuits to organize national races before we embark on the construction of a circuit for F1.
He said Russia must also stop expecting immediate profits on its investments.
“The construction of a circuit is a long term investment. The holding of an F1 race increases the prestige of an entire country and attracts crowds of tourists willing to pay for the show. But investors must be prepared to wait years to see the benefit of their investment, “insists Samarin.
This is not the first time Russia is negotiating its place in the supreme discipline of motorsport.
In 2002, Mr. Ecclestone had come to Moscow to sign a contract on the Grand Prix held in the Russian capital, but Yuri Luzhkov, Moscow Mayor sacked late September, had finally refused, accusing the race organizers want “s allocate all the profits. “